Friday, April 8, 2011

TGIF

I always find something to love at flea markets, from vintage fur coats to old grammar-school maps. But I love the Brooklyn Flea for one very specific reason: the food. It's as if the vendors put everything I love to eat in one place. There are lobster rolls, homemade caramels, artisanal sodas, cheese and jam....I could go on and on. Browsing the Flea is one of my favorite Sunday afternoon activities. This year, the Flea has a new home on the Williamsburg waterfront--and the food alone is worth a trip on the L train.

Here are some of my favorite locally-made treats:

Hot Dogs with kimchi apples, pickled carrots and daikon from Asia Dog NYC



Liddabit Beer & Pretzel caramels (made with Brooklyn Lager)



Strawberry-basil popsicles from People Pops



Perfect half-sour pickles from McClure's



Lobster rolls with a touch of mayo and celery from The Red Hook Lobster Pound



Open Sundays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; 27 North Sixth St. (between Kent Ave. and the East River); brooklynflea.com

Have a delicious weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment