Thursday, April 7, 2011

China Girl

I can't get enough of this porcelain flatware by Scottish artist Caroline Swift. Her collection is almost too lovely to eat off of, though it's perfectly safe to.

Just looking at these bowls makes me think of excuses to throw a dinner party:


These egg cups look like something Jane Eyre and Mr. Rochester would have used at the breakfast table:


And I love the details in these spoons:


What I find most interesting about this collection is that Swift, who's based in Spain, has her clay imported in vats of British water. Apparently, British water is softer than Spanish water, and yields more delicate porcelain. It's a more costly process to be sure, but I think it works for her.



All pieces ship from Spain and are priced in British Pounds Sterling.

Images courtesy of Caroline Swift.

No comments:

Post a Comment