Monday, March 28, 2011

A New Day

It's funny how time flies. One minute it's Christmas, and then all of a sudden, it's Spring (well, in theory at least. It's still frigid in NY). So much has happened within the last couple months. Most importantly, I got a new job, and that has got me thinking about change.

I like to think of this blog as an ever-evolving little world. While cooking is and always will be a huge passion of mine, there are so many other things I love (from fashion and art to travel and photography). I want to share all of that with you guys. And so, I've decided to talk about it all right here, in this space. I'll still be cooking as much as possible, but I'll also be writing about a new jewelry line I've found, or an exhibit that has inspired me. I hope you'll be inspired, too.

So let's begin. One of my favorite discoveries as of late is Paste SF. I stumbled upon this adorable art at a store called Paper Trail, upstate in Rhinebeck, NY (I highly recommend a weekend trip to this charming town, by the way, and I recommend you stay here and eat here).




Working with vintage books and newspapers, artist Denise Fiedler renders printed collages of food, fashion, puppies, you name it. I was particularly taken with this cake, and now have a framed version in my kitchen for inspiration:



Check out Denise's site. She also makes custom prints, which are perfect gifts for wedding or showers.

No comments:

Post a Comment